Fitted English Gown outfit WIP

I wore this to a brand-new local Renaissance Festival. This outfit still needs a proper kirtle and sleeves, and possibly a different hat, but I wanted to test it out and see how I liked it. It’s really very comfortable and I got a ton of compliments! Again, the fabric on this isn’t accurate for the period of the gown, but I take my historical costuming with a touch of whimsy, and I just love the overall effect. I’m thinking though, that I want to make the kirtle a dark green. I’m still unsure what to do about the sleeves, though.

Advertisements

Fitted English Gown outfit WIP

2 thoughts on “Fitted English Gown outfit WIP

  1. Saw this in google images looking for a pattern. Have been wanting to make the fitted gown since I got the Tudor Tailor–beautifully done! Love your fabric, and I have a similar in blue that I’ve been wondering if I could make it up into this gown. Great job, and thanks for posting!

    • Thank you so much for the encouraging words! The pattern and instructions from Tudor Tailor are pretty simple to follow (though it helps that I seem to be the same size as the person they scaled the patterns for, so on their grid layout 1 square=1 inch and I don’t have to make too many adjustments), the hardest part is that the puffed, paned sleeves take a long time. There are so many variations that can be made with this pattern to make it a higher class or a lower class, I’d love to see what you do with it, if you do end up making it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s